Comment on page
FTP Map Transfer
This section of the guide will cover how to successfully transfer a Minecraft Earth Map to your server, if located via FTP/SFTP.
Are you planning on running the Minecraft Earth Map on a different machine rather than your own? If this is the case, you will need to transfer the map using FTP/SFTP to properly move all files and to avoid corruption.
- 1.Begin by entering your connection details into FileZilla. Finding these are host-specific, however if your host uses Pterodactyl Panel, you will find these details in the Settings tab.
- 2.The Host will be the Server Address and the Username is Username, respectfully.
- 3.Enter your password and click Quickconnect.
- 4.On the left-hand side of the screen is your computer's directories. Locate to the folder your extracted Earth Map is situated.
- 5.Make sure the folder directly contains the region and level.dat files in the first level. This means that the folder does not have a parent folder such as map -> map1 -> level.dat.
- 7.Transfer the map folder by holding the folder with the mouse left-click and dragging it over to your server's main directory. Make sure you are on over a folder. Release the mouse button and the map will begin to transfer.
The duration of the map transfer will vary depending on the upload speed of your internet connection and download of your host.
Video demonstration of SFTP Transfer